5 DIY Vanilla Tips
Vanilla goes beyond, extract, or better yet, make your own extract! We highly recommend using LAFAZA’s vanilla products because of their high quality, direct trade, and sustainable pure vanilla from Madagascar. You can literally taste the difference! Try these 5 different ways to use vanilla.
1) Vanilla Sugar recipe – Just add 2 beans scraped into sugar, then plop in the vanilla bean rinds into the jar. Give it a good shake. Every time you use it shake it up, and you’ll have vanilla sugar to use and infuse into beverages, baked goods, desserts, parfaits, oatmeal, and cereal.
2) Vanilla Extract recipe inspired by: The Kitchn.
3) Vanilla Coffee: Add a teaspoon of ground vanilla powder to ground coffee beans, then steep with a pot of hot water to produce a smoothly flavored vanilla coffee.
4) Vanilla Rubbed Chicken inspired by: Food.com. We used Barbara Extra Virgin Olive Oil in place of butter. We highly recommend roasting the chicken with the veggies in a clay pot in the oven. Also, the recipe tasted best adding Kosher Salt.
5) Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream recipe can be found on a previous Food Guru Blog post.