Morning Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
Cupcakes, cupcakes, and more cupcakes…they are everywhere: at your local markets, farmer’s markets, bakeries, dessert bars, weddings, cupcake stores, and cupcake trucks. My go-to cupcake is the under-appreciated MUFFIN. I have one at least once a week and have 3 choice recipes I make and freeze.
Aside from the ever so popular Blueberry, I finally have a muffin recipe for my favorite fruit…Strawberries. Strawberry desserts are the next best thing to Chocolate or Vanilla. Here is a recipe that I am proud to share. When you share them, the only remains will be crumbs!
Morning Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe (a.k.a. Muffins)
Makes one dozen.
½ cup of softened butter
¾ of sugar
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp of baking powder
½ tsp of salt
¼ cup of buttermilk
⅓ cup of milk
½ tsp of vanilla
1 ½ cups of chopped fresh strawberries
3 tsp of sugar
½ tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl. Add egg and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Alternate milk mixture with flour mixture in the batter (butter, sugar, eggs). Add vanilla. Gently stir in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over cupcakes (muffins). Bake 25 minutes or till done. Poke a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, the cupcakes (muffins) are ready!
- Splurge on farmer’s market strawberries for maximum flavor.
- Use the over ripe strawberries first because they are the sweetest.
- Because of the cinnamon, the tops of the cupcakes (muffins) will look overcooked when they are fully baked.
- Any kind of milk will work for the recipe.
- Any leftovers, pop them in the freezer and nuke them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Because it is a seasonal fruit, make them while the strawberries are at their peak.