Chai Spiced Gluten Free Granola Recipe
About 4 years ago, we created and produced a cooking web series on how to make quick, tasty, and healthy meals. We collaborated Karen Pavone from Farminista’s Feast, who became our host, and together we developed wonderful recipes for our web series. We took a look at the granola recipe episode and wanted to update it by elevating the flavor with a few key ingredient changes. Mix up your daily ritual and gorge on some gluten-free granola!
Chai Spiced Gluten Free Granola Recipe:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes 5-6 cups or about a ½ gallon
- 3 cups Gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup Unsalted raw slivered almonds
- ½ cup Roasted, salted pepitas pumpkin seeds or raw salted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Chopped raw pecans
- 1 ½ tsp DIY Chai spice seasoning
- ¼ cup Organic coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Raw honey
- ¼ cup Pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 TBS Raw cacao nibs (unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 225. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, and chai spice blend in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a large measuring glass cup, heat coconut oil for about 50 seconds in the microwave, add honey, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and stir thoroughly.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and mix well.
- Pour granola onto baking sheet and spread evenly over the pan into a single layer.
- Bake for 1:10-15 hours on the center rack of the oven so the granola browns evenly. Turn pan halfway through the process.
- When granola turns into a toasted brownish color then remove from the oven. Sprinkle cacao nibs evenly over baking sheet. Let it cool and store in a large container. Should last for about 1 month.
Your kitchen will envelope the sweet scent of homemade granola and with a few simple steps, you can parlay it into a parfait for a triumphant breakfast.
Wholesome Homemade Parfait Recipe
- 1 TB Chia seeds
- ½ cup Plain DIY Kefir or high quality plain or greek yogurt
- ½ – 1 TBS Raw honey or too taste
- ¼ cup favorite seasonal fruit (apples, persimmons, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.)
- ⅓ cup DIY Granola or as much as you like!
- Add Chia seeds to dairy (yogurt or DIY Kefir) and thoroughly mix seeds. Allow at least 10-15 minutes to thickens.
- Heat a small pot of water to a simmering boil. Place the honey jar if it’s glass (if it’s in a plastic container, just add to a small jar or glass) until honey is warm and thins out in texture. Mix honey in with chia seeds and dairy. Chop fruit to desired size and add to dairy and mix in. Top DIY granola and mix together.
Boost, build, and break away from the morning meal doldrums by making DIY, TDF (to die for) GF granola. It’s nutritional, nutty, seedy, spiced, and naturally sweetened.
–Recipe and Blog Writeup by Debbie Sultan
–Video by Ariel Sultan