VIDEO BLOG: Killer Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Pumpkin Bread is a seasonal treat, but this killer recipe is so easy and addictive that you’ll want to make it for all seasons …even Pumpkin Haters have been known to kill off this Bread in one sitting!
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 (15oz) Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 4 eggs
- 3 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of allspice
- ½ tsp of ground cloves
- 2/3 cup of water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bread pans with butter, so batter doesn’t stick.
- Add all ingredient together in a large bowl, then mix well with electric mixer.
- Hand mix optional ingredients such as a cup of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, pecans, or raisins into the bowl.
- Spoon in batter about halfway or a bit more in the loaf pans. Bake for about 1 hour until loaf is cooked and springs back (test by putting a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean, it’s ready). Be careful not to overcook; it makes the bread a bit dryer.
- Try finely grating a whole nutmeg (same measurements from recipe) for enhancing spice flavor.
- Add a cup of nuts (walnuts or pecans), dark chocolate chips, or raisins.
- Recipe can be doubled.