A Photo Day Playing with Food
A few months ago, I had the opportunity to spend the day with Stacy Ventura, a professional food photographer with Edible Marin.
Here’s how to shoot food like a Pro:
- Make sure to use as much natural light as possible, such as bouncing light with reflectors and white boards.
- Shooting vertically is appealing for food photography, even though we are drawn to wide frame for video. The vertical framing emulates magazines, which have always been photo driven.
- Collect a variety of slates, wood panels, dishes, and accessories to build your food set.
- Play with the depth of field using food and accessories to create texture and draw your eye to what’s important in the shot.
- For photo editing in Photoshop, make sure to learn how to mask layers. This technique is valuable in combining multiple photos into a single image, and removing unwanted things from your photo.
Playing with food was fun and educational.
Written by Ariel Sultan
Stunning images and read.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ooh, this is like food porn! Might have to take a few shots with my Local Honey. and especially delve in after 🙂
give it a try and enjoy 🙂