Spiced Persimmon Smoothie Cocktail
Get into the spirit of the holiday season with Spiced Persimmon Smoothie Cocktails. Spice up this season with this densely rich, flavorful fruit that is the base for a light, airy cocktail for a kicka$$ holiday.
Makes 2 servings in Martini Glasses
- 2 Fuyu Persimmon small to medium with stem removed and roughly cut into chunks
- ½ cup of almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 TBS of real maple syrup
- ⅛ Ground cinnamon
- ⅛ ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ ounces of bourbon
- 4 large ice cubes
- For garnish star anise and a fresh slice of persimmon
- A pinch of ginger or nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients (except a pinch of ginger or nutmeg) in a blender and mix until smooth and thoroughly pureed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a slice of persimmon and a star anise on the rim and top of the cocktail with a pinch of ginger or nutmeg.
Clink and have a cheerful, foolproof holiday season!
–Recipe by Ariel Sultan